Birmingham Green New Deal and beyond: How the green economy can kick-start Birmingham out of recession and create a sustainable local economy.
Localise West Midlands and Birmingham Friends of the Earth would like to invite you to a speaker event discussing the potential of the green economy to boost local job creation.
- Keith Budden, Environmental Partnership, Be Birmingham.
- Jon Morris, West Midlands Green New Deal, Localise West Midlands.
- How stabilising financial markets, initiating local job creation and securing our future against peak oil and climate change can be tackled together.
- Inspiring, locally relevant stories of job creation in sustainable vocations such as energy efficiency, renewables and recycling.
- The barriers to further green job creation and how they could be overcome.
The event is taking place Monday 12th July, 7pm @ Bertha Wright room, Carrs Lane Church Centre, Birmingham. Regrettably there is no disabled access, we apologise in advance if this causes any inconvenience.
We hope that you can make it! Any queries please leave us a comment and we will get back to you asap.