The Fair Tax Mark is being adopted by UK business setting a new standard in responsible tax practice – from the smallest shop to the biggest multinational. It is the label for good taxpayers – companies and organisations that are proud to pay their fair share of tax.
The Fair Tax Mark is an assurance that a company is open and transparent about its tax affairs and pays the right amount of corporation tax at the right time in the right place. It has been awarded to several companies, including:
- SSE, the UK’s broadest-based energy company;
- Go Ahead Group, a FTSE250 UK company that operates train and bus services;
- Unity Trust Bank, a specialist bank for social economy organisations and the wider civil society;
- Lush Cosmetics, a multinational manufacturer and seller of handmade cosmetics;
- Midcounties, the largest independent co-operative society in the UK, operating a range of businesses in Food, Travel, Pharmacy, Funeral, Childcare, Energy, Post Offices and Flexible Benefits;
- Urban IT Support, a small firm providing easy-to-understand computer, network and mobile device support to homes and businesses;
- and The Phone Co-op, the only telecoms provider in the UK that is owned and run by its customers.