- Localising Prosperity – practical and research project funded by Barrow Cadbury Trust, using localisation approaches to support inclusion, redistribution and diversity. See our Localising Prosperity web resources (separate site).
- Reflections on Community Forum – an evaluation of the 1970s community engagement initiative Community Forum including lessons for current times. (report out now)
- Establishing with others a Civil Society Forum to provide a Civil Society voice within the West Midlands Combined Authority, and advocating policy change towards a more inclusive economic approach.
- Exploring the potential inclusive economic contribution of the social care sector in the West Midlands Economy, with policy recommendations for the new Combined Authority.
- Exploring with others the potential for a Birmingham Pound or other local currency initiative.
- Working with the Centre for Local Economic Strategies and Birmingham City Council on their project to maximise community wealth through anchor institutions.
- A feasibility study into renewable energy at a Birmingham allotment site.
- An advisor on the Community Economic Development (CED) programme – a DCLG programme piloting CED plans with 50 communities.
We’re in the process of reorganising our website and creating an archive, so apologies for any irrelevantly ancient materials in the meantime.
- A partner in a Birmingham City University project to design a board game to help with participation in planning and similar processes. The finished game is Participology.
- Evaluating the cumulative impact of flooding on the local economy in Calderdale – for Calderdale Council.
- TABLES project on integrating the ecosystems services approach into tools to improve decision-making – with Birmingham City University & partners (external link)
Energy, fuel poverty & housing retrofit
- How can the Green Deal support local economies? Policy lessons from Birmingham Energy Savers. 2014
- New policy briefing on the Green Deal: lessons from Birmingham Energy Savers. 2014
- An evaluation of Northfield Warm Homes project – with wider lessons for the fuel poverty agenda.
- Instigating Birmingham Energy Savers, and West Midlands Green New Deal
- Evaluating the effectiveness of green energy equipment for Birmingham City Council; and some work on feasibility of community hydro schemes in the city.
- Solving fuel poverty: opportunities from Green Deal & Localisation
- Green Deal Opportunities for Social Enterprise
- Support for communities – Low Carbon Economy Programme
- Report on good practice in regeneration through NHS hospitals – maximising local value through development, operation, commissioning and procurement. Oct 2015
- Discussion on food security, food poverty and health, held in May 2014.
- Case study: Evergreen Cooperatives – August 2013
- Participated in Birmingham’s Social Inclusion Process.
- Managing environmental change in the rural urban fringe – research project with Birmingham City University & partners
- Birmingham Mayor referendum factsheet – produced before the referendum with Birmingham Press.
- A Regionalised Prosperity and Inflation Framework
LWM 10th anniversary timeline poster – a poster of our first 10 years (2012). Thanks to our volunteer Natalie Moreland.